03 November, 2008

 

EeePC 901 with Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

I have finally bought an EeePC 901, mainly to use for travelling.

I had been holding off for some weeks because I had hoped (in vain) that the Linux version with 20GB SSD and without a Windows XP license would become available here in Australia.

Anyway, I decided to try putting brand new Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on it and I must say it worked really well. Here is what I did:
Everything else is pretty much ok. Apart from smaller fonts and makingg windows go above the top panel (with: gconftool-2 --set /apps/compiz/plugins/move/allscreens/options/constrain_y --type bool 0), I have not really made any changes.

I am typing this on the little keyboard of the 901 and it is actually quite usable even though I would not want to type pages and pages on it. (Somehow the Blogger editor behaves a bit funny, but I guess this has nothing to do with the hardware but if anything with Firefox 3.)

So far, I think this is an excellent little machine - it even plays Big Buck Bunny in 720p without any problems. ;-)

Comments:
thats funny you just posted about this, i did the same thing with a 900 ( not 901 ) this weekend :)
 
Not Debian? *sniff*
 
Hi synergism (Ben) - good to see you around. :-)

Mea culpa.

I wanted something quick that gives me all the bells and whistles and this seems to currently be rather Ubuntu than Debian.

I do intend to try Debian as well. (Not much to back up on the 901 - it only has 12GB of mass storage.)
 
Ever since trying this all sound output is broken by silent periods, sometimes resulting in the video player I am using (it affects all of them) crashing.
Sometimes I get the error message that the audio device is already in use, or something like that.
I tried reversing the changes made to the conf file, but the problem persists.
PLEASE help!?
 
NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?