25 February, 2006
Moving my Debian Mondo Rescue Package News to Blog
Up to now I've manually edited and uploaded the index.html for every news item on the Debian Mondo Rescue page. This was quite tedious. I hope by turning the news section into a blog, I will post more often whilst actually spending less time. We'll see how that works out. ;-)
So, let me start straight away:
- mondo 2.07 / mindi 1.07 is quite close, so there will be no more changes, only fixes.
- #354145 looks like it could be a catch 22. The change I put into 1.06-2 for Via chipsets may backfire for others. Have to look into this.
- I am continuing my work on eliminating any Debian specific code changes:
- I'll probably dump IncludeCustomDependencies after discussion with Bruno - it's only used for petris right at the moment anyway, which highlights the fact that it is, erm, redundant.
- TryToBeCleverAboutInitrd will be changed to create the required syslinux.conf file on the fly. After this has happened, it will be integrated into upstream mindi.
- DebFindFailsafe is very Debian-specific, so it will most get included upstream as is. However, discussion has started on a framework to standardise the way distribution-specific behaviour is handled. This will hopefully also lead to a generic upstream solution for the current problems with RAID and LVM support in Debian.
- I've started to look into two quite old Debian bugs: #222065 and #312546. The FHS provides interesting insights for these. So fixing them should also make things more FHS compliant.