26 July, 2006

 

The best way to find out whether a bug is gone...

...is to close the bug report and to see what happens. Or so it seems:

I decided to finally close #291975 last week after having been unable to reproduce the problem for some months. I've done this once before about a year ago but the issue resurfaced straight after. :-( (I have filed #290722 and later #351367 in regards to this.)

Anyway. A few days after having closed the bug report for the second time, version 0.52.2-5.1of libnewt0.52 is released and brings the problem back again - I've filed a new bug for this: #379938. (Maybe I should have just updated #351367 instead, but then again the issue is so very clearly tied to version 0.52.2-5.1 of libnewt0.52 - and also, I'm sure Alastair will merge as required.)

In light of this, becoming superstitious looks like a viable option...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?