18 June, 2006

 

New x.0.8 Mondo Rescue Debian Packages

mindi-1.08-2-1, mindi-busybox-1.00-7 and mondo-2.08-2-1 are now in incoming. The main changes apart from being new upstream versions are:
I have switched over to upload amd64 packages partially because I wanted to and partially as a workaround for the still unamended Packages-arch-specific file. If anyone can tell me how to get this changed, I'd be very grateful. Other than that, I have double-checked that i386 builds in pbuilder, so fingers crossed that i386 packages are going to get built automatically.

The packages were tested doing a full archive and restore run on sid i386 (NFS) using kernel 2.6.16-2-k7 (2.6.16-14) and on sid amd64 (ISO/DVD) using kernel 2.6.16-2-amd64-generic (2.6.16-14) (I've had intermittent problems with the OOM killer in -k8 kernels during restore.). The amd64 setup uses a combination of two RAID volumes and two physical LVM volumes one of them on top of RAID with multiple logical volumes. (/boot is a normal partition because I like grub.)

Hopefully, I can now focus somewhat more on the remaining bugs, some of which look like they might entice substantial upstream work. We'll see. Oh, and upgrading mindi-busybox to 1.1.3 would also be nice, there is a problem with mount/mtab support that I have to get to the bottom of first.

All in all, with both RAID and LVM support pretty much there (knock on wood), Mondo Rescue in etch should be much improved over the version in sarge.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?