25 May, 2006

 

Debian Installer rocks!

I spent some time the past week looking into virtualisation to make installing and restoring installations with Mondo Rescue a bit less disruptive and more efficient. So, I ended up doing a fair few Debian installations. I figured that with all these virtual machines all of a sudden, it would make sense to upgrade my caching-only name server to handle the local network to save me the effort of having to maintain lots of hosts files.

To my pleasant surprise, I found that this also resulted in the hostname and domain being automatically filled in by the Debian Installer (even without DHCP)! Good stuff! Also, the graphical installer in the i386 daily builds is just awesome!

Conclusion: The d-i people do positively rock big time!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?